Check-out my professional profile at LinkedIn.
Name: Israel Saeta Pérez.
Contact data: israel.saeta (at) dukebody (dot) com or dukebody (at) gmail (dot) com. Please write to know about my phone number, etc.
Spanish: Mother tongue. Speak, read and write it fluently.
English: Advanced reading, writing and speaking. Specialized in technical texts (see translating experience below). Erasmus stay in Stockholm with English lectures. Worked with many clients communicating exclusively in English.
Catalan: Advanced (C1). Completed three language courses. Lived in Barcelona for 3+ years.
Italian: Basic (B1). Completed intermediate-level course at Dante Aligheri Academy.
Education – University
Master degree in Artificial Intelligence by UPC/UB/URV (2011-2013). Sponsored by a scholarship from La Caixa. Special mention for best academic records.
The master degree includes the topics, among others:
- Machine Learning.
- Data Mining.
- Information Retrieval. (Indexing, search strategies optimization, genetic search algorithms)
- Self-Organized Multi-Agent Systems.
- Probabilistic Graphical Models. (Project in algorithms for learning Bayesian Networks structure)
- Neural Networks in Finance.
- Object and Human Recognition. (Applied Computer Vision)
- Computational Intelligence. (ANNs and Fuzzy Logics)
- Normative Dynamic Virtual Worlds. (Project in applying A-SVM techniques to avatars’ movements)
- Cognitive Interaction with Robots. (Practical project with the Nao platform and A-SVMs)
- Master Thesis: Smart Cage Active Contours and their application to brain image segmentation.
Physics graduate by the Complutense University of Madrid (UCM) (2005-2011). Specialization in Theoretical Physics. Foreign stays:
Science and Nature High School Degree at IES Alameda de Osuna (2005).
Education – Laureate awards
- Best Academic Records special mention for Master in Artificial Intelligence (2013).
- Premio Nacional de Bachillerato 2004-2005 (National Baccalaureate Award).
- Premio Extraordinario de Bachillerato Madrid 2004-2005 (Extraordinary Baccalaureate Award).
- Comunidad de Madrid Excellency Scholarship Holder (2005).
- Silver medal at the national phase of the XXXVI International Physics Olympiad (2005).
Education – Other courses
Course in Advanced Computers Security (2010) by Universitat de Barcelona, including topics like proactive security, rootkits, firewalls or security auditing.
Web Intelligence and Big Data (2013). Coursera .
Machine Learning (2013). Coursera.
Data Analysis (2013). Coursera.
30 days to learn jQuery (2013). Tuts+.
PHP Fundamentals (2013). Tuts+.
30 days to learn HTML & CSS (2013). Tuts+.
CSS3 Essentials (2013). Tuts+.
Bootstrap for Web Design (2014). Tuts+.
Cryptography I (2014). Coursera.
Macroeconomics (2014). Coursera.
Data Analysis and Statistical Inference (2014). Coursera.
Redis Essential (2014). Tuts+.
- Attended the Plone Conference 2010 in Bristol, UK.
- Attended the Plone European Symposium 2010 in Sorrento, Italy, working on tiles development.
- Attended the Plone Cathedral Sprint 2010, focusing on Plone 4 documentation work.
- Attended the Free Culture X Conference (2010) in Washington, D.C.
- Attended the Free Culture Forum 2009 in Barcelona.
- Speaker and student in the summer course “Desaprendiendo la propiedad intelectual” (Unlearning Intellectual Property), held in Cáceres, Spain, 2008.
General programming: Python, Java, C/C++.
Server side programming: PHP, WordPress, JSP, Zope/Plone, Django, Pyramid, SQL, SQLAlchemy.
Scientific computing: Matlab/Octave, R.
System administration: Linux, Apache, Varnish, lighttpd.
Developer tools: SVN, GIT, Mercurial, Trac.
Graphics: Inkscape, Gimp.
Experience – Professional work
Web development in Python/Django for Science O’Matic (June 2014-).
Freelance web development (2013-).
- Voices of India. Enhance layout for mobile devices and perform several design optimizations. Technical administration of the site. Technologies: WordPress, PHP, HTML/CSS/JS.
- SWHAP – E-conomic integration (Webworks). Integration of the web accounting system “e-conomic” with a custom site workflow via SOAP. Technologies: Plone.
- The Troika Party. Planning, development and maintainance of the website, including the design. Technologies: WordPress, WPML, PHP, HTML/CSS/JS.
- Marisa Maza Portfolio website. Programming of the site (portfolio) in plain PHP. Design using CSS3 and JS.
Contractual web development at Webworks Sweden and Betahaus (2009-2010).
Pair programming to develop and deploy websites with custom content-types, workflows and themes.
Technologies: Plone/Zope, Pyramid, Python, HTML/CSS.
Researcher within the <e-UCM> group from the Complutense University of Madrid (December 2008 – February 2009).
Technologies: C++, Moodle.
- Studied the benefits of virtual environments and video games in learning processes.
- Helped to manage a C++ introductory programming course and evaluate its students.
Junior developer at Zassh.com for Zassh.com (July – October 2008). Zassh.com is a dot-com company which developed a sports-related social networking website.
Technologies: Plone/Zope, Python, HTML/CSS, GData API, SQLAlchemy, lighttpd, Squid, SVN, Trac.
- Re-structured the development environment from a “custom skin layer” one to a buildout based one, with several file-system products under SVN control, and a Trac instance to organize tasks.
- Programmed an utility to upload, retrieve and modify videos in YouTube using the GData API and Zope 3.
- Programmed a web-based system for the site to organize sport competitions based on SQLAlchemy queries.
- Deployed the site using lighttpd as a light web server to redirect requests to Zope, and Squid as a reverse-proxy.
Experience – Free Software
Plone Editorial Board Member (October 2008 – May 2011).
- Garden the Developing for Plone documentation section, with more than 100 articles, reviewing new submissions, writing some articles and reorganizing existing content.
- Coordinated the efforts to integrate any changes introduced in the product by accepted PLIPs in the official documentation for Plone 3.3 and 4.0.
Member of the Alqua editorial project (2006-2010).
Technologies: Python, Cheetah (templating system), LaTeX,
- Maintained the Alqua Plone web site (Plone-based) and communication & marketing-lead in Spain.
- Programmed the current Cheetah-based template system.
- Participated in round-table discussions and conferences on this project: “Unlearning the Intellectual property”, held in Cáceres, Spain (2008) and “Free Software in the University”, held in Madrid (2009).
Participated in Mozilla Hispano, the Mozilla community for Spanish speakers (2007-2010).
- Programmed a l10n QA tool targeted to non-techie users under the Django framework: mini-litmus.
- Provided support to average users in forums, write news articles and documentation from July 2007 to December 2009.
Lead Flock‘s community l10n efforts (2008).
- Lead existing localization teams and helped to consolidate new ones.
- Translated technical texts, including the browser and some web pages about release notes, from English to Spanish.